Modric claims difficulty to change role but his 'attitude has been exemplary'


' Modric claims difficulty to change role but his 'attitude has been exemplary' 

 Real Madrid icon Luka Modric is expected to stay at the club next season, despite seemingly looking as if Carlo Ancelotti’s decision to take him out of the first team would result in his exit from the club. The 38-year-old has told Cadena Cope that he still feels strong and capable of contributing though.
“It’s something different, it was difficult for me at first to understand it and assume this new role, but you can never assume it. I think I have handled it very well and I have done well when it was my turn to play; the coach is happy.”
“You have been playing as a starter all your life and as a very important player, but you have to face other situations and fight, because I am never going to give up. I had to fight and fight more when they needed me and I think I have done quite well.”
He was also asked if the relationship had ever wavered with Ancelotti, or he became frustrated at some point during the season.
“No; my behaviour when I trained, when I played, I gave 100%, as always, and it was not a problem for the team, for the coach or for anyone. You always want to play but I haven’t been a problem, on the contrary, I have been an example in attitude in training.”
All of the reporting coming out of Real Madrid is that he will sign another one-year extension with Los Blancos, and Modric confirmed that the decision had been made, but said that he could not make it public, also remarking that the decision had little to do with that of Toni Kroos. On the prospect of retiring at the Santiago Bernabeu, like Kroos, he was attracted to the idea, but would not commit to it.
“I have always said that I want Madrid to be my last club. I want to retire in Madrid, but let’s see what happens, let’s go little by little. I hope what I want happens. It would be a dream for me to retire in my home and in the club of my life.”
And neither would be drawn on giving a length of time he had left in the game. Some say that Modric’s idea is to make to the 2026 World Cup to captain Croatia in the USA, Mexico and Canada.
“I can’t tell you until when. I have to go little by little. How I feel now, I have the physique and football to continue in the elite, I have no doubt. Many talk about age and discomfort. The most important thing is what you do on the field and if you see that you can be physically well… Why is Madrid the best club in the world? Because the best always play; no one can play by decree. Nor me for doing everything I have done. The best play. I feel very good, strong, but that can change in six months and if I see that I don’t, I will be the first to say no.”
With Kroos departing, and Nacho Fernandez also expected to depart this summer, hanging onto the leadership and experience of Modric will no doubt be greatly appreciated by Ancelotti. Losing all three in one go could impact on the dressing significantly, and while the likes of Dani Carvajal, Lucas Vazquez and Fede Valverde are increasingly expected to set the tone, Modric remains valuable.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Kylian Mbappe’s amazing opportunity against Canada in the last seconds of today’s friendly match

As a defender, i hate to come up against a player like him, because whenever the ball is with him, he will never allow you to breath even for a seconds”- Barcelona star Araujo names the Madrid star he loves watching all the the time- Not Kroos, Not Rodrigo and not Bellingham- A surprise choice

The Real Madrid star is close to leaving and joining Karim Benzema in the Saudi League