Toni Kroos was awarded a notable title at Real Madrid that Cristiano Ronaldo never attained.


Kroos has revealed his decision to retire from professional football after this summer’s Euro 2024. He will conclude his illustrious club career at Real Madrid following the Champ


ions League final against Borussia Dortmund on June 1st.

The 34-year-old midfielder is poised to retire from professional football altogether following Germany’s Euro 2024 campaign. Kroos, who has been with Real Madrid since the summer of 2014, boasts a decorated career, having claimed nearly every major honor in the sport.

Throughout his illustrious journey, the German international has clinched league titles in both Germany and Spain, in addition to the Champions League, triumphing in Europe’s premier club competition an impressive four times.

Kroos’s influence extends to the international stage, having clinched the 2014 World Cup with Germany, and he now aims to lead his national team to European glory this summer.

His impact at Real Madrid has been monumental, with club president Florentino Perez lauding him as the transfer of the century, surpassing even Ronaldo’s illustrious tenure in the Spanish capital after his move from Manchester United.

According to Kroos’s agent, Volke Struth, Perez spoke highly of Kroos, describing him as “an unbelievably pleasant person with a great life story.”

Perez described Kroos as entrepreneurial yet grounded, and he elaborated on why Kroos is regarded as Real Madrid’s transfer of the century.

Regarding Kroos’s retirement decision, Perez stated, “Toni Kroos is one of the greatest players in the history of Real Madrid, and this club is and always will be his home"


In an emotional statement shared on Instagram, Toni Kroos explained his decision to retire from football.

“July 17th, 2014 – the day of my presentation at Real Madrid, the day that changed my life,” he began. “My life as a footballer – but especially as a person. It was the start of a new chapter at the biggest club in the world. After 10 years, at the end of the season, this chapter comes to an end. I will never forget that incredibly successful time!

“I would particularly like to thank everyone who welcomed me with an open heart and trusted me. But especially I would like to thank you, dear Madridistas, for your affection and your love from the first day until the last one.

“At the same time, this decision means that my career as an active footballer will end this summer after the Euro championship.”

“I am happy and proud that I found the right timing for my decision and that I could make it on my own. My ambition has always been to finish my career at the peak of my performance level.

“From now on, there is only one leading thought: ‘a por la 15!!! HALA MADRID Y NADA MAS!'”

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Kylian Mbappe’s amazing opportunity against Canada in the last seconds of today’s friendly match

As a defender, i hate to come up against a player like him, because whenever the ball is with him, he will never allow you to breath even for a seconds”- Barcelona star Araujo names the Madrid star he loves watching all the the time- Not Kroos, Not Rodrigo and not Bellingham- A surprise choice

The Real Madrid star is close to leaving and joining Karim Benzema in the Saudi League